Registration to Summer Seminar is sold out. If you would like to be put on a waiting list please email JEastburn@Grandecom.net. Occasionally there will be a last minute cancellation. Thank you for your interest in DLCA Summer Seminar.
Subscribe to receive email notification when registration opens.
Go to the membership tab, scroll down to subscription, and click the link.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, midwives, nurses in ob, pediatric, hospital, and office roles, lactation consultants, breastfeeding counselors, LLL leaders, WIC peer counselors, doulas, and others who assist the breastfeeding family.
SEMINAR SPEAKERS AND AGENDA
Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC is author of "Breastfeeding Answers", "Breastfeeding Made Simple", "Breastfeeding Solutions", and has been assisting breastfeeding families for more than 40 years.
Marissa Yahil, MSOT, OTR/L, CBS, IBCLC is founder of Lactation and Development Resources and co-founder of The Lactation OT online platform.
"Lactation Problem-Solving for Today's Families"
7:00-7:45 Registration and light breakfast
7:45-8:00 Welcome and Introductions- Tenise Hordge, IBCLC, President DABA/DLCA
8:00-9:30 Insights Into Milk Production- Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC
9:30-9:45 Snack and Stretch Break
9:45-10:45 Helping Pump Dependent Families- Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC
10:45-11:00 Snack and Stretch Break
11:00-12:15 Impact of Torticollis & Body Asymmetry on Breastfeeding- Marissa Yahil, MSOT,OTR/L, CBS,IBCLC
1:30- 2:45 What’s New in Lactation- Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC
2:45 -3:00 Stretch Break
3:00- 4:30 Navigating Lactation Train wrecks - Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC
4:30 Evaluations, Certificates of Attendance
CONTINUING EDUCATION POINTS
IBLCE has verified 6.5 L CERPs
Partial CERPs may be earned if you are unable to attend the entire program.
6.5 CE have been approved.(for nurses) To receive contact hours paraticipanat must:
1. attend the activity in its entirety
2 complete post event evaluation
Medical City Healthcare North Texas Division is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Louisiana State Nurses Association Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider no> 4002163
- Fee includes all program presentations, continuing education points, breakfast, snacks, and lunch
- Early Bird registration: $120, June 1-August 10, 2023
- Regular registration: $150, August 11-25, 2023 (or until the event sells out)
- There are a limited number of partial fee scholarships available. See contact information below.
- Cancellation fee: $25 through 8/25/23, no refunds for cancellations after 8/25/23.
- Credit card payments for registration are handled through WePay and will appear on your statement as WPYDLCA.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from Eventzilla. If you do not receive a confirmation, your registration is not complete.
- Program outlines will be posted on line a week before the seminar for participants to print off if they wish.
Medical City Dallas, City Hall, Building E, second floor
Building E is on the north side of Medical City Dallas Hospital, off Merit Drive.
Parking vouchers will be provided for Lot E only
Map of the Medical City Dallas campus: https://bit.ly/2EJSUbj
Questions, scholarship requests, or other inquiries JEastburn@Grandecom.net
Emergency contact day of the seminar: (972)931-5578
Hyatt Place Dallas - Park Central
12411 North Central Expressway, Dallas
Residence Inn by Marriott
7642 LBJ Freeway, Dallas
Westin Park Central
12720 Merit Drive, Dallas
Link to register available June 1, 2023